Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16th - Yes, No, Maybe


Maybe: The Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables from Alexia. 
I found it in the freezer section at Walmart for around 3 bucks...and it looked different than other frozen bagged veggies so I grabbed it. It was a nice side item for a mexican themed dinner, we had tamales with it. In order to get the sweet potatoes to cook through it felt like the black beans were getting mushy. That didn’t bother me so much but my husband hates mushy beans??? I still have no idea what that means, but he lets me know when the beans I make are too mushy. My favorite thing about it though was how bright the colors were, a nice change to just something green. Would I buy this again...maybe...I’m not going to rush out and grab it anytime soon. I would try the other varieties first but I’m not against getting it. If you want to add a little variety to your frozen veggies give it a whirl. 

No: Jonathan Condition Add Moisture, Moisturizing Conditioner. 
I like to finish something if at first I’m not thrilled with it to see if maybe it grows on me. This didn’t grow. I purchased it because it is a line know to have vegan products, and I’m looking for my favorite animal-free products. This one I would pass on in the future. For $22 I expect more. It’s not like a conditioner I’ve ever used before. It felt to me like when you are almost out of conditioner and you fill the empty bottle with a little bit of water to get one or two more showers out of it...it had the watery consistency of that. It has a coconut-y smell which I liked but I didn’t feel like this did anything for my hair...it was just going through the motions. 


Yes: Sweet Lips Lip Scrub from Lush.
I’m addicted...I’m not lying. I have had the jar for almost a month now and am still as thrilled with it as I was when I bought it. It was an impulse buy ($8.95) and the guy at Lush offered to let me try it. Ridiculous, I bought it at once. It is a scrub for dry lips, I was needing one anyway. It has the consistency of sugar and tastes like it too. I use it in the shower every third day so I don’t have to worry about making a mess on the floor, and after you use it...you can EAT it! Yep...it tastes just as good as it smells. I bought the chocolate flavor but they also have mint and bubblegum. Plus it’s Vegan, for all of you animal lovers. I will probably have all of them within the next few months...and I will defiantly be giving these as gifts. I even made my husband try it...he gave it a grunt or two...that means he likes it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment